Pearly white teeth are essential to make a great first impression.
Not only does it affect how beautiful your smile is, but it can affect your overall health too.
The electric toothbrush helps keep clean teeth better, and they have been proven to remove a more significant amount of plaque than a conventional toothbrush.
Many studies have shown that an electric toothbrush is better than a manual toothbrush in:
- removing dental plaque
- reducing gum disease
- eliminating coffee, tea, or tobacco stains
- removing plaque in hard to reach areas, e.g., the teeth in the back of the mouth, the space between adjacent teeth, or the regions below the gum line
With so many electric toothbrushes on the market, finding the best electric toothbrush is a difficult task.
If you want to know what the best electric toothbrush is, here is some guidance to tell you how to find the right electric toothbrush.
Top 10 Electric Toothbrush Recommended By Dentists
1. Philips Sonicare HX5610/30 Essence 5600 – Best Travel Electric Toothbrush
The Philips Essence 5610/30 is among the most affordable electric toothbrushes. I recommend this to anyone who wants a brush that works for travel.
Taking good care of your exceptional oral health is not tough together with the Philips Sonicare Essence 5600.
This rechargeable power toothbrush comes with a unique angled neck. It provides excellent cleaning with the smaller brush head as it is easier to do an excellent job on the back and sides of your teeth.
A soft travel case and a hygienic travel cap are included for convenience. An indicator on the brush displays the remaining battery life and blinks when you need to recharge.
Overall, the Philips Essence 5600 works great, The bristles are incredibly soft, and the handle is comfortable and easy to hold.
It makes your teeth feel like you just left your dentist’s office and had teeth cleaning. If you use it, you will never go back to a regular toothbrush again! Definitely worth the investment!
- Great value and great service for the money.
- great Sonicare clean
- Easy to use
- Provides excellent oral health
- holds a charge for a long time
- no 30-second timer
2. Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries Power Rechargeable Toothbrush – Best electric Toothbrush Recommended By Dentists
Oral B Pro 5000 is one of the best electric toothbrushes recommended by dentists. It’s easy to use, easy to keep clean, very well constructed, and has effective oral hygiene.
Unique Floss Action bristles clean deep between teeth and provides superior cleaning with five cleaning ways.
The Oral-B Professional 5000 features 40,000 pulsating movements per minute and superior plaque removal. Removes up to 99.7% of plaque in hard-to-reach places in deep clean mode.
This is an excellent electric toothbrush, and it makes your teeth feel smooth and clean after brushing. The timer and pressure warning feature is friendly, and the brush is much easier to keep clean than the Sonicare.
It has a waterproof, ergonomic rechargeable handle, an easy-to-read charge level display, and five brushing modes: Daily Clean, Deep Clean, Sensitive, Massage, and Polish.
There is also a 2-minute timer that adheres to the standard dentist-recommended interval. An L.E.D..D. display further helps users take control of their brushing.
Through the pressure sensor, it will be possible to determine if you are causing unnecessary damage to your brush head and teeth. Also included on this display is the amount of charge that is left on the battery.
Modes allow for a gentle approach to cleaning and often be switched to provide deeper cleaning or reduce pains due to sensitivity issues.
These modes aim to remove stains and produce a visibly whiter smile within weeks. Use the whitening method once a day to start seeing improvements.
The best thing about the Oral-B 5000 toothbrush is that it gets your teeth, gums, and mouth clean.
Overall, though, this Oral-B 5000 toothbrush is probably one of the best electric toothbrushes, and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
- The Teeth feel very clean after use.
- It can reach places that a regular toothbrush couldn’t.
- The construction feels pretty durable and reliable.
- The best electric toothbrush on the market.
- The brush head has numerous bristles that accomplish different things: deep cleaning, removing plaque, cleaning between teeth, massaging gums, etc.
- The feel in hand is a little big and clunky.
3. Oral-B Professional Healthy Clean + Sensitive Gum Care Precision 3000 – First Budget Electric Toothbrush
From the pressure sensor to the multiple compatible heads, the Oral-B professional healthy clean 3000 electric toothbrush has a slew of fantastic attributes.
It is the optimal choice for those that want a budget electric toothbrush.
The Oral-B 3000 features three different brushing modes: Daily Clean, Sensitive, and Whitening.
Daily Clean is designed for exceptional mouth cleaning and features a 30-second quadrant clean for a total brushing time of two minutes.
Sensitive operates at a slower speed than Daily Clean to provide a more gentle brushing sensation.
Change modes, put on a new brush head to whiten teeth or brush more lightly to eliminate gum pain.
With 40,000 pulsating movements, teeth cleaning is a breeze. The small rotating brush head and slender handle allow you to get at and clean each surface of each tooth very quickly.
A built-in timer is perfect for those wanting to brush each region of their teeth for 30 seconds to complete the recommended 2 minutes of brushing.
The average battery life is seven full days, allowing travelers to bring their electric brush on the road and never have to worry about their battery dying.
Overall, the Oral-B 3000 is the perfect entry-level brush for users that have never tried a powered toothbrush before.
- Oscillating around head
- Speed settings
- Pressure warning
- Inexpensive brush replacements
- Compact charging stand with optional larger base incl.
- More expensive
4. Philips Electric Toothbrush Sonicare Easy Clean HX6521/01 – Best Sonicare Toothbrush for Plaque Removal
Philips is becoming a leader in dental hygiene, and this is seen with its low cost, highly rated Philips HX6521/01 Toothbrush.
The HX6521/01 is an excellent electric-powered toothbrush that cleans exceptionally well. This toothbrush helps reduce and to remove spots in your teeth for a brighter smile.
With patented sonic technology, the HX6521 can remove twice the plaque than that of a manual toothbrush. With an intelligent timer and interval timers, users can take complete control over their dental cleaning habits.
The Philips Sonicare HX6521/01 utilizes patented Sonic technology. This rechargeable power toothbrush features a slim, easy-to-clean handle and a ProResults brush head with contoured bristles that gently touch remove plaque in hard-to-reach areas.
The sonic technology provides impressive 31,000 movements every minute. These precise movements will push your saliva in between your teeth and gums to ensure that every nook and cranny is cleaned to perfection. This means the back of your teeth and gums get a better overall cleaning, and all possible plaque is removed. Even plaque found along the gum line is brushed away.
This leaves teeth and gums cleaner and reduces the chances of gum disease and cavities. Dentists recommend two minutes to brush your teeth. This model includes an intelligent timer that will time your cleaning for precisely two minutes.
There is also a quad pacer, which will time how long each quadrant of your mouth is cleaned. These intervals can be between 30 – 90 seconds.
All in all, you can take care of your oral health comfortably with the Philips Sonicare HX6521/01. It will ensure every user has perfect dental hygiene at all times.
- Easy-Start and Smartimer,
- Quadpacer Simplify Brushing
- Gently Cleans Teeth with Sonic Technology
- Two Weeks of Power on a Single Charge
- ProResults Brush Head Removes Plaque Along the Gum Line
- The lack of cleaning modes is a concern
5. Philips Sonicare HX6711/02 HealthyWhite Rechargeable Sonic Toothbrush – Best Electric Toothbrush For Whitening
If you want a good basic Sonicare, the Philips Sonicare HX6711/02 is the one to get.
It is specially designed to provide a more intense whitening action, and it can lighten coffee, tea, and red wine stains, allowing the natural whiteness of your teeth to shine through.
The Philips Sonicare HX6711/02 HealthyWhite Power Toothbrush brings complex whitening technology.
Easy to use and comfortable to hold, this toothbrush reaches deep into the crevices between the teeth and softly cleans the teeth and gums, keeping the users healthy and disease-free.
The teeth and gums are effectively clean using its swift brushing heads, contributing to gingiva development and the overall teeth.
It has two mode settings:
- Clean mode provides the standard sonic cleaning.
- Clean and White mode provides two minutes of the Clean method and an additional 30 seconds of White style that focuses on your visible front teeth.
It built-in two-minute timer that helps you keep to the recommended brushing times. The Quadpacer gives you notice every thirty seconds so that you can methodically brush each quadrant of your mouth thoroughly.
Overall, the Philips HX6711/02 functions the best, providing whole cleaning and whitening answers. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is considering purchasing an electric toothbrush.
- Lightweight handle
- Sensitive mode is nice after dental work
- It looks very compact and neat on the sink.
- Quad-pacing makes sure you evenly time where you brush your teeth.
- You can opt-out of the gradual increase in power, which is nice
- Rechargeable and battery lasts for weekend trips without carting the charger
- Cleans teeth well–all Sonicare models are amazing at cleaning your teeth, even between teeth
- You have to press the button three times to get to the healthy white options every time you turn on the toothbrush.
6. Philips HX9332 DiamondClean – Best Affordable Electric Toothbrush
The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean HX9332 is one of the best Philip’s electric toothbrushes on the market.
With an immense amount of power and a set of rich features, this is one of the top models in the industry. The aesthetically pleasing design is also relatively modern and sleek.
Whether a person is traveling or wants to ensure an after-dentist level of hygiene, the DiamondClean HX9332 will be the optimal choice.
With whiter teeth in just one week and the ability to remove 100 percent more plaque, this is the ideal product packed with features.
Sonicare is known for quality, and the included brush head is firm yet gentle enough to clean teeth and remove stains. Replacement is also a breeze and takes only a few seconds.
Sonicare technology ensures that teeth are always clean and plaque-free. And is the reason that this toothbrush improves gum health so significantly.
The HX9332 rechargeable toothbrush offers Sonicare’s best plaque removal and whitening system, featuring patented Sonic technology and brush heads with diamond-shaped bristles that gently brush away plaque.
Five cleaning modes provide a custom cleaning experience, and the Smartimer and Quadpacer ensure you brush adequately and evenly.
- Clean – This is the generic cleaning mode that lasts 2 minutes and provides thorough cleaning.
- White – The white model is specifically designed to lift stains and produce a whiter smile.
- Polish – Have a big date? The polish mode allows users to whiten their teeth and polish them to a pleasant shine at the same time.
- Gum Care – Utilizing the Gum Care mode will produce better gum health and overall hygiene. These cycles last 3 minutes but are worth the wait.
- Sensitive – When brushing produces pain or bleeding, the sensitive mode will need to be used. This model ensures a person has a gentle cleaning that is still thorough.
The power of over 31,000 strokes per minute results in massive stain removal and healthier gums within just two weeks.
Those with gingivitis will find this particularly helpful as it is a fast way to ensure that your gums are always in natural health.
The complete package comes with a charging glass and a USB charging travel case. Up to 3 weeks or 42 brushes can be had with a single charging. This makes the DiamondClean ideal for those that are always on the go.
Overall, It works great. It is ideal for every user and will ensure a white smile and the utmost dental hygiene.
If you are tired of going through the manual process of cleaning your teeth, this brush is for you. Squeaky clean!
- It is perfect for travel and looks great, so worth the investment.
- The two-year limited warranty is reassuring should you encounter any problems.
- The charging glass and USB technologies are advantageous;
- The toothbrush is meticulously well-styled, with a sleek all-white handle that has been ergonomically designed and maintains an excellent grip on it.
- The biggest plus of it is the superior dental care that it promises.
- No vent holes in the travel case.
7. Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries Rechargeable Power Electric Toothbrush – Best Oral-B Electric Toothbrush
Oral-B is renowned for its quality and innovative oral hygiene products. The Oral-B 7000 is the best of Oral-B electric toothbrushes.
High-end features and a sleek design join forces to bring you a superior cleaning for an unparalleled brushing experience. White accents allow this lightweight device to be both aesthetically pleasing and persuasive.
The power of the handle, coupled with the professionally-inspired brush heads, allows the brushes to oscillate, rotate, and pulsate to clean 2X better vs. a regular manual toothbrush.
With 3D cleaning, the Oral-B 7000 pulsates, oscillates, and rotates so that it can hit every crevice found in your teeth.
Each toothbrush head surrounds each tooth for a fantastic tooth-by-tooth clean. The 3D cleaning action that is produced with this toothbrush is unmatched. It comes with three heads so that a person can clean their teeth more precisely.
- Floss Action – Remove any food particles or plaque that is growing between your teeth. This product takes flossing to a new level.
- Polishing – The polishing head is excellent for enhancing the look of a person’s teeth and whitening. While not ideal for plaque removal, this is a great brush head to use before a night out on the town.
- Soft – The soft head is your everyday brush that will be used to clean your teeth and remove plaque.
With a built-in pressure sensor, users will always maintain the proper pressure needed for excellent cleaning without causing the brush’s bristles to wear down.
Clean the way you want with six distinct cleaning modes. Daily clean, sensitive, whitening, deep clean, massage, and even tongue cleaner allow for the perfect cleaning solution. Six cleaning modes ensure a person can customize their brush’s cleaning methods to their preference. These modes include:
- Daily Clean – This is the generic cleaning mode that users will want to use daily.
- Sensitive – If you feel pain when cleaning your teeth, the sensitive mode will be the optimal choice. This mode is gentile and still provides good teeth cleaning.
- Whitening – Clear away stains to reveal a whiter set of teeth. Within just a few short weeks, the user’s teeth will be several shades whiter.
- Deep Clean – Eradicate plaque and produce a whiter smile with the deep clean mode. More vigorous strokes will ensure a person’s mouth is completely free of plaque and germs.
- Massage – Gum pains and painful teeth can be massaged to ease pain and provide cleaning.
- Tongue Cleaner – Tongue cleaning will produce better breath and is often overlooked. With the tongue cleaner, users can remove bacteria from their language and destroy lousy breath in the process.
A general rule of thumb is that it takes two full minutes of cleaning to remove all plaque in a person’s mouth. Set your preferred mode and clean your teeth for 2 minutes, three times a day, to have whiter teeth that are plaque-free.
Overall, with the ability to change cleaning modes and time your brushing, the Oral-B 7000 is the ideal product. It is an excellent option for those that are always told to brush more often by their dentists.
- brushing timer, pressure sensor.
- It looks incredibly stylish and feels super-solid.
- The brushing/cleaning action in Daily Clean mode feels very comfortable
- the most advanced Oral-B electric toothbrush, 6 Cleaning Modes, three brush heads,
- In Professional style, the toothbrush beeps once after the first 30 seconds are up
- The handle lets the user set various cleaning modes, including tongue cleaning.
- This one is ultra-solid with easy-to-clean, actual compartments for two brush heads and the handle.
- The handle feels very solid and ergonomic, it is easy and almost a pleasure to hold.
- One of the more useful features is that the timer’s smiley face will turn to a frown to warn when too much pressure is applied, which can harm teeth and gums.
- Quality is high, and so is the price.
- The initial charging time was significantly longer than the listed 24 hours.
8. Philips Sonicare HX6731/02 Healthy White Rechargeable Toothbrush – Best Budget Electric Toothbrush
- Cleaner, Whiter Teeth: The clean and white mode will remove 90 percent of the stains on a person’s teeth and make two shades whiter in merely two weeks.
- Power: Through Sonicare technology, the Healthywhite can produce 31,000 brush strokes per minute for better cleaning and more plaque removal.
- Cleaning Modes: Clean, Sensitive, and Clean and White modes allow users to ensure they always have a white smile and healthy gums.
- Easy-start: Users will find comfort in the easy-start mode, which increases the brush’s power over the first 14 uses. This allows users to get used to the bush so that they never have sore gums.
It has incorporated the following cleaning modes to ensure that you can clean your teeth the way you like:
- Clean – This is your normal cleaning mode to destroy plaque and ensure that your teeth are dentist-clean approved.
- Clean and White – Why not add a little sparkle to your teeth with clean and white? This mode is focused on cleaning and removing stains at the same time. Alternating between this mode and the pure mode will ensure teeth are always stain-free.
- Sensitive – Users who want a more delicate approach to their cleaning will choose the sensitive mode. This mode will allow for a very gentile clean, thanks to softer brushing measures.
With a myriad of modes to choose from, users will maintain the perfect smile they have always wanted.
Coffee drinkers or those that enjoy soda will be able to blast away the stains on their teeth with the HX6731/02.
It ensures that stains are not an issue by removing up to 90 percent of tooth discoloration.
White teeth are no longer a mystery to anyone that owns the Philips Sonicare HX6731/02 Healthywhite.
9. Philips HX6972/30 Flexcare Plus – Best Inexpensive Electric Toothbrush
- Sonic Technology. This model uses sonic technology, vibrating up to 31,000 times every minute.
- Good Battery. The battery lasts up to 3 weeks or 42 2-minute sessions. Battery won’t be a problem even if you’re a traveler.
- Remove more plaque. The Flexcare+ removes up to 83% of the plate from your teeth, cleaning your teeth profoundly and effectively.
- Five cleaning modes. This model comes with five dominant brushing modes: Clean, Sensitive, Massage, Refresh, and Gum Care. Depending on your needs, it’ll be up to you to decide which one is good for you.
If you want to buy a cheap and easy-to-use electric toothbrush, or if you’re going to try the difference between an electric toothbrush and a manual toothbrush, the Flexcare Plus HX6972/30 is a good option.
The Professional 4000 unique proWhite brush head provides whitening and superior cleaning with four cleaning modes.
It does a great job of cleaning teeth while being gentle on gums. It features four different brushing modes: Daily Clean, Deep Clean, Sensitive, and Whitening. Daily Clean and Deep Clean are designed for exceptional mouth cleaning.
The Precision 4000 has a deep clean mode to ensure that 99.7 percent of all plaque found deep in your mouth has been eradicated.
This is done by the patented Oral-B technology that ensures that 50 percent more power is put into your teeth’ cleaning than other technologies.
This dentist-recommended brand also features 40,000 pulsations so that plaque is easily removed at all times.
The brush also includes four modes to ensure your teeth are always cleaned:
- Daily Clean – Recommended to most users who have already provided proper dental habits and brush frequently.
- Deep Clean – Meant to reach deep inside of your mouth. This cleaning mode eradicates plaque with 99.7 percent success.
- Sensitive – If your gums bleed or they are sensitive, this is the mode to choose.
- Whitening – Specifically target teeth stains and brush them away with whitening mode.
The whitening and deep cleaning mode will ensure a user has a whiter, brighter smile are merely three weeks.
FlossAction technology further increases a user’s smile as all of the plaque that gets caught between a person’s teeth will be removed to ensure a smile is as bright as possible.
The ProWhite Precision 4000 comes with a variety of extras. These extras include:
- Travel case – When on the road, place your toothbrush in the travel case and go.
- Head holder – A container that will hold all of the brush heads so that users can swap out their brush heads whenever they please.
- Charging station – A small station that will allow the brush to be charged whenever a person wants.
It also has a timer to know how long you need to clean every portion of your mouth.
Overall, with the immense cleaning power provided and a plethora of cleaning modes, this is one of the best products on the market and is priced correctly. I would recommend the Oral-B Professional Healthy Clean 4000 to anyone.
- Easy to use
- Excellent plaque removal
- It also comes with a long-life battery for travel and superior clean
- The various cleaning modes make the Oral b 400 certainly excellent to the 1000 model.
- Loud and Bulky
Electric Toothbrush Buying Guide
The power of a smile is often underrated and overlooked. Sometimes a simple smile from a stranger changes your whole outlook for the day.
As we all know, smiling is incredibly contagious. How many times have you walked by a smiling stranger, and you automatically smile back? Did you know that over 30% of us smile more than 20 times a day?
A smile also happens to be one of your best assets. And, of course, your teeth are the most noticeable feature when you smile. Make sure your teeth are sparkling white by thorough brushing from an electric toothbrush. Electric toothbrushes have many benefits over an ordinary manual toothbrush.
The Benefits of Electric Toothbrush
People who value their dental health will appreciate the varied advantages offered by an electric toothbrush.
Many dentists favor electric toothbrushes since they help individuals brush better.
While the dentists vibrate or whirl, the plaque builds-up is removed by the bristles on a toothbrush that’s rechargeable more effectively than a manual toothbrush.
Some advanced brushes have featured motors that can rev over 40,000 times per minute and have necks that rock back and forth to get your mouth as clean as going to the dentist every time.
An Electric toothbrush from many provides relief. It supplies comfort to those and also disinfects the gums. They’ve come as a godsend to those suffering from tooth decay, plaque, and bad breath.
There are many features to ensure that the user can clean their teeth and remove the most plaque possible with electric brushes. Deep down, the mouth rapidly goes and efficiently cleans the tooth germ-free.
Those who brush frequently using an Electric Toothbrush have encountered fresh breath and lesser tooth decay than that manual toothbrush.
Besides that, also they supply relief from carpal tunnel syndrome, symptoms, and other dental issues.
- Deeper Cleaning: Compared to manual brushing methods, electric ones remove more plaque and ensure that all teeth have been cleaned. This is done through the various oscillating settings that the brush can be put on.
- The Right Time: They have a built-in timer so that the user never cleans their teeth for too short or long. With a timer, a person begins brushing and will be alerted when they are finished.
- Cleaning Modes: There are several modes of brushing that powered devices provide. With the ability to use a gentle method for sensitive teeth, this will be an excellent choice for many.
- Bristle-change Reminders: Changing brushes when they have been worn down is of the utmost importance. Powered ones have reminders that will alert the user when they need to change their bristles. This allows a person always to have firm bristles and adequate cleaning. The efficacy of a powered toothbrush depends on the condition of the brush head you’re using.
- Great for Older People: Those older or have less ability usually do not remove all permanent plaque when they clean their teeth. Studies have shown that using an electric brush eliminates this problem and allows users always to maintain proper dental hygiene.
How to Choose a Right Electric Toothbrush?
Now the tricky part starts, attempting to determine which electric toothbrush is the best for your requirements.
If you’ve been trying to find the best electric toothbrushes, then you’ve got some things that you want to consider.
1. First of all, you have to decide if you wish to buy a Sonicare or an Oral-B.
Both are great, but it’s up to you to decide. They work in distinct manners, although both sorts of electric toothbrushes effectively remove stains and plaque.
A sonic toothbrush vibrates the brush head back and forth while a part of the brush head rotates. Either sort is an augmentation over manual cleaning.
2. Kid-friendly alternatives.
Help your kids have healthy teeth and gums through the use of an electric toothbrush merely for them.
Kid-friendly brushes feature age-suitable brush heads (contour and size), electricity modes for mouth sizes, and various ages.
Some electric toothbrushes contain joy music on a two-minute timer to help them get the suitable variety of brushing each time.
3. Colour and design dilemmas.
Pick an electric toothbrush that you find alluring since it will probably sit all on your toilet counter.
Contemplate buying one handles on just one charging station to save space if several people within your house want electric toothbrushes.
4. Additional electric toothbrush features.
To make sure you get your dentist-recommended two-minute brushing time, many electric toothbrushes credit timers.
More sophisticated versions offer electricity modes that are distinct for deep whitening cleaning and sensitive teeth.
5. make sure that you discuss what they recommend in the realm of electric toothbrushes with your dentist.
Talk to your dental specialist before making any changes.
Since they clean your teeth better, many dentists will have one or two recommended to their clients.
What To Look For – Notable Features
There are some different features available in an electric toothbrush, and they will vary from model to model. Aside from the incredible power of the brush heads, here are some other features to consider:
- Built-in Timer– Arguably the most crucial feature. This built-in timer will stop the brush after two minutes to ensure you have brushed long enough. Some models have a “quad pacer” that will beep after 30 seconds, so you know you can move on the next quarter or “quadrant” of your mouth.
- Disposable Brush Heads– Just like a manual brush, the bristles will eventually break down. Have no fear. You can just put a new brush head-on. Some models will accommodate various brush head sizes and bristle firmness.
- Rechargeable Battery– All of the models we review have rechargeable, built-in batteries. However, there are some cheaper brushes on the market that use disposable batteries.
- Travel Case and Charger– Some model not only has a travel case, but some models’ case has a built-in chargU.V.
- U.V. sanitization– At least one Sonicare model has a base that you put the brush heads in at night that U.V.es U.V. light to sanitize the brush heads. Pretty cool.
- Brushing Modes– Many of the top reviewed electric toothbrushes have various modes that you can choose to customize your brushing experience. From sensitive to deep clean and everywhere in between, you can find the correct method for you.
Prevent 3 Major Dental Issues With Electric Toothbrush
Maintaining a healthy smile does more than keep your teeth sparkling white; it helps improve the health of your gums and the rest of your body as well.
Good oral health begins with a proper brushing routine. An electric toothbrush can perform over 20,000 strokes per minute; they offer a superior clean and eliminate more plaque than manual brushing alone.
- Yellow Teeth
Most people suffer from tooth discoloration at some point in their lives. Between diet and poor dental hygiene habits, yellowing of the teeth is inevitable. Fortunately, this is a preventable problem.
An electric brush can brighten and whiten your smile thanks to its deep cleaning action. These modern models can brush up to 40,000 strokes per minute to deliver a superior clean that eliminates more bacteria than manual brushing alone. These brushes buff away stains and leave your smile whiter than ever before.
Many powered toothbrushes have a built-in “whitening” setting to brighten your smile and prevent tooth discoloration in the future. Depending on the brush you choose, the whitening mode may extend brushing by 30 seconds, or it may be a more aggressive cleaning mode to clean away stains.
- Gum Recession
Gum recession can occur for a variety of reasons. In some cases, the problem is genetics. More often than not, aggressive brushing, improper dental hygiene, and periodontal disease cause gums to recede. The good news is that you can help prevent this problem by merely brushing with a powered model.
A big part of the problem is that many people brush their teeth too hard and too aggressively. An electric brush can eliminate this problem. Most models come with pressure sensors that let you know when you’re brushing too hard. Not only that, but electric brushes only need to rest on your teeth to clean correctly. There’s no need to press the brush against your gums or your teeth.
Brushing with a powered toothbrush provides a much deeper clean than a manual brush, which helps prevent periodontal disease and improves your dental hygiene. Simply changing your old model, you wipe out most of the risk factors associated with gum recession.
- Gum Disease
Gum disease, or gingivitis, is caused by bacteria in your mouth. This bacteria hides inside the plaque that builds up on your teeth. Poor dental hygiene is the most common cause of gum disease. If left untreated, it can lead to tooth loss. Brushing and flossing well can help you prevent gum disease, but manual brushing may not cut it.
An electric brush is your biggest ally in the fight against gum disease. When compared to a manual meeting, these models remove more plaque and leave teeth feeling cleaner. The pressure sensors included with most models also prevent you from irritating your gums when brushing. Many new products come with a special gum care brushing mode that helps you preserve your teeth and gums’ health.
All in all, you can clearly understand how a simple switch from manual to electric can help prevent these three major dental issues, but it’s up to you to maintain a good oral hygiene routine. Brushing for two minutes at least twice per day will help keep plaque and bacteria at bay.
Each time you brush, you should also make it a habit to floss as well. The electric toothbrush will remove most of the plaque build-up on your teeth, but flossing will get rid of any remaining food particles hiding in between your teeth.
Electric TootF.A.Qh F.A.Q.
Q: Why should I use an electric toothbrush?
A: An electric toothbrush is generally more effective than a manual toothbrush in removing dental plaque (particularly in hard-to-reach areas), reducing gum disease, and removing stains. It also requires less manual ability to use it properly. You usually see a noticeable improvement in your teeth and gum health within a short time.
Q: What is a rotary electric toothbrush?
Ans: A rotary electric toothbrush has a rounded brush head that rotates or oscillates continuously, many times during a second. The high-speed scrubbing motion of the brush’s bristles causes the removal of plaque from the teeth. The more top-end rotary toothbrushes usually have a pulsating action, which increases the brush’s effectiveness. In general, the higher the rate of oscillation and pulsation, the more influential the brush is at dislodging debris and plaque from the teeth.
Q: What is a sonic electric toothbrush?
A: A sonic electric toothbrush has a brush head (similar in appearance to a manual brush head), which vibrates at a very high frequency. The brush cleans via two mechanisms: the main back-and-forth scrubbing motion and the subsequent sonic action. The following sonic action causes fluids to swirl around your mouth, creating a more significant cleansing effect, possibly even dislodging plaque from areas not in direct contact with the bristles.
Q: Which one is better, rotary or sonic?
A: The answer depends on who you ask. There are advocates on both sides who claim that one is better than the other. There have been studies being conducted, again being divided in their conclusions. The likely truth is that both types (especially the higher-end ones) are good at doing their job, for most people. So it probably is just a matter of personal preference.
Q: What are the major brands of electric toothbrushes?
A: The two major brands are Braun Oral B and Philips Sonicare. They dominate the market in all categories. Oral B specializes in making rotary toothbrushes (except the Sonic S-320, S-200, and Vitality Sonic, sonic brushes). Philips specializes in sonic toothbrushes (hence Sonicare).
Q: What should I know about brush heads?
A: A brush head typically needs to be replaced every 3 to 6 months, depending on how quickly the bristles wear down. Note that not all brush heads fit all toothbrushes, so care must be taken when buying replacements.
Oral B has a wide range of brush heads. Philips Sonicare typically has two sizes for each toothbrush: standard and compact.
Q: What can I expect of an electric toothbrush?
A: Depending on the specific model, an electric toothbrush will rotate/oscillate/pulsate/vibrate for its first cleaning action. It usually runs on a rechargeable battery and comes with a battery charger.
It may also have some of the following features: a 2-minute timer, pressure sensor, speed control, brush head replacement indication, battery charge level indicator, cleaning/brushing modes, visual display, and sanitizer.
The higher-end models also move (i.e., oscillate/pulsate/vibrate, etc.) at higher speeds, resulting in better cleaning effects. These features are not just some “nice-to-haves”: they do make a real difference to your overall tooth brushing experience.
Q: I know that electric toothbrushes are very good at removing dental plaque, but why is the removal of plaque so necessary?
A: Because the accumulation of plaque in the teeth is the root cause of many problems. It can lead to tooth decay and cause various gum diseases (gingivitis/periodontitis). The advanced stage of gum disease (periodontitis) can lead to tooth loss. To help avoid these problems, brush your teeth properly using the right electric toothbrush. Don’t let plaque accumulate.
Q: How long and often should I brush my teeth with an electric toothbrush?
A: Twice a day for 2 minutes each. It is essential to spend the full 2 minutes brushing your teeth. The brushing duration matters a great deal in overall cleaning effectiveness. So choose an electric toothbrush with a 2-minute timer if you want to make sure.
If they say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, then we say using an electric toothbrush a day sure does decrease your chances of needing severe dental work.
While we have provided all of the best options on the market, it is now your time to find the best electronic toothbrush for your own needs.
It is essential to go for the best electric toothbrush available in the market to take care of the health and longevity of your teeth.