Oral hygiene is too important to not take seriously.
Not only does it affect how beautiful your smile is, but it can actually affect your overall health too.
So while it’s important you floss every day, you also need a good toothbrush too.
Pearly white teeth are essential to make a great first impression.
Taking good care of your teeth has been said to prevent illnesses such as heart disease.
The electric toothbrush helps keep actually clean teeth better and in the fact that they have been proven to remove a greater amount of plaque than a conventional toothbrush.
Now the only problem is sorting through the huge amount of electric toothbrushes on the market, to find the one that will bring you the best results is a difficult tasks.
If you want to know which is the best electric toothbrush, here is some guidance what features to take into consideration and how to find the toothbrush that is proper.
Why use an Electric Toothbrush?
Many studies have shown that an electric toothbrush is better than a manual toothbrush in:
- removing dental plaque
- reducing gum disease
- removing coffee, tea or tobacco stains
- removing plaque in hard to reach areas e.g. the teeth in the back of the mouth, the space between adjacent teeth or the regions below the gum line
- requiring a lower skill level for effective teeth brushing
Many high end electric toothbrushes also incorporate:
- a pressure sensor to prevent you from brushing too hard: a main cause of receding gums
- a 2 minute timer as 2 minutes is the recommended duration for tooth brushing
- audible or vibrational alerts every 30 seconds to remind you to brush a different quadrant
Most importantly, it is a highly motivational tool. Most users see very visible improvement in their teeth and gum health within a short time. It brings fun back into teeth brushing!
- Top 10 Electric Toothbrush On The Market
- 1.Philips Sonicare HX5610/30 Essence 5600 – Best Travel Electric Toothbrush
- 2. Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries Power Rechargeable Toothbrush – Best electric Toothbrush Recommended By Dentists
- 3.Oral-B Professional Healthy Clean + Sensitive Gum Care Precision 3000 – First Budget Electric Toothbrush
- 4. Philips Electric Toothbrush Sonicare Easy Clean HX6521/01 – Best Sonicare Toothbrush for Plaque Removal
- 5. Philips Sonicare HX6711/02 HealthyWhite Rechargeable Sonic Toothbrush – Best Electric Toothbrush For Whitening
- 6. Philips HX9332 DiamondClean – Best Affordable Electric Toothbrush
- 7. Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries Rechargeable Power Electric Toothbrush – Best Oral-B Electric Toothbrush
- 8. Philips Sonicare HX6731/02 Healthywhite Rechargeable Toothbrush – Best Budget Electric Toothbrush
- 9. Philips HX6972/30 Flexcare Plus – Best Inexpensive Electric Toothbrush
- 10. Oral-B Professional Healthy Clean + Prowhite Precision 4000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- Waterpik WP-900 Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush
- What To Look For – Notable Features
- Electric Toothbrush Buying Guide
- The Benefits of Electric Toothbrush
- Prevent 3 Major Dental Issues With Electric Toothbrush
- How to Choose an Right Electric Toothbrush?
- How To Properly Use Electric Toothbrush
- How Does an Electric Toothbrush Work?
- How to Best Use an Electric Toothbrush?
- How to Clean an Electric Toothbrush?
- Electric Toothbrush F.A.Q.
Top 10 Electric Toothbrush On The Market
Now Let us show you which one is the best electric toothbrush like advocating to family members and my friends!
1.Philips Sonicare HX5610/30 Essence 5600 – Best Travel Electric Toothbrush
The Philips Essence 5610/30 is among the most affordable electric toothbrushes. I recommend this to anyone who wants a brush that works for travel.
It taking good care of your own oral health that is exceptional is not tough together with the Philips Sonicare Essence 5600.
This rechargeable power toothbrush comes with a unique angled neck. It provides excellent cleaning, with the smaller brush head as it is easier to do a good job on the back and sides of your teeth.
Because the Essence can last up two weeks between charges provided it if used 2 minutes per day, you can leave its charger at home for your travels.
A soft travel case and hygienic travel cap are included for convenience. An indicator on the brush displays remaining battery life and blinks when you need to recharge.
Overall, the Philips Essence 5600 works great, The bristles are extremely soft and the handle is comfortable and easy to hold.
It makes your teeth feel like you just left your dentist office and had a teeth cleaning.
if you use it ,you will never go back to a regular toothbrush again! Definitely worth the investment!
- Great value and great service for the money.
- great sonicare clean
- Easy to use
- Provides excellent oral health
- holds charge for a long time
- no 30 second timer
2. Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries Power Rechargeable Toothbrush – Best electric Toothbrush Recommended By Dentists
The Oral B Pro 5000 is one of the best electric toothbrush recommended by detists.
It’s easy to use, easy to keep clean, very well constructed and is a very effective oral hygiene tool.
Unique Floss Action bristles clean deep between teeth and provides superior cleaning with 5 cleaning ways. Removes up to 99.7% of plaque in hard to reach places in deep clean mode.
The Oral-B Professional 5000 features 40,000 pulsating movements per minute and superior plaque removal.
This is an excellent electric toothbrush and it makes your teeth feel smooth and clean after brushing. The timer and pressure warning feature are nice and the brush is much easier to keep clean than the Sonicare.
It has a waterproof, ergonomic rechargeable handle, an easy-to-read charge level display, and features five brushing modes: Daily Clean, Deep Clean, Sensitive, Massage, and Polish.
There is also a 2 minute timer that adheres to the standard dentist recommended interval. An LED display further helps users take control of their brushing.
Through the pressure sensor, it will be possible to determine if you are causing unnecessary damage to your brush head and teeth. Also included on this display is the amount of charge that is left on the battery.
Through the various cleaning modes, users will come to recognize all of the brightening modes available.
Many users will find that these modes are great to use on a daily basis and do the one thing that users have always wanted – whiten teeth.
Modes allow for a gentle approach to cleaning and will often be switched to provide deeper cleaning or to reduce pains due to sensitivity issues.
These modes aim to remove stains and produce a visibly whiter smile within weeks. Simply use the whitening mode once a day to start seeing improvements.
The best thing about the Oral-B 5000 toothbrush is that it really gets your teeth, gums and mouth clean.
Overall, though, this Oral-B 5000 toothbrush is probably one of the best electric toothbrushes, and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
- The Teeth feel very clean after using.
- It can reach places that a regular toothbrush couldn’t.
- The construction feels pretty strong and reliable.
- The best electric toothbrush on the market.
- The brush head has numerous styles of bristles that accomplish different things from deep cleaning, removing plaque, cleaning between teeth, massaging gums, etc
- The feel in the hand is a little big and clunky.
3.Oral-B Professional Healthy Clean + Sensitive Gum Care Precision 3000 – First Budget Electric Toothbrush
From the pressure sensor to the multiple compatible heads, the Oral-B professional healthy clean 3000 electric toothbrush has a slew of fantastic attributes.
It is the optimal choice for those that want a budget electric toothbrush.
The Oral-B 3000 features three different brushing modes: Daily Clean, Sensitive, and Whitening.
Daily Clean is designed for exceptional mouth cleaning and features a 30-second quadrant clean for a total brushing time of two minutes.
Sensitive operates at a lower speed than Daily Clean to provide a more gentle brushing sensation.
Simply change modes, put on a new brush head to whiten teeth or brush more lightly to eliminate gum pain.
With 40,000 pulsating movements, teeth cleaning is a breeze.The small rotating brush head and slender handle allow you to get at and clean each surface of each tooth very quickly.
With a built in timer, it is perfect for those wanting to brush each region of their teeth for 30 seconds to complete the recommended 2 minutes of brushing.
The average battery life is 7 full days, allowing for travelers to bring their electronic brush on the road and never have to worry about their battery dying.
Overall, the Oral-B 3000 is the perfect entry-level brush for users that have never tried a powered toothbrush before.
- Oscillating round head
- Speed settings
- Pressure warning
- Inexpensive brush replacements
- Compact charging stand with optional larger base incl.
- More expensive
4. Philips Electric Toothbrush Sonicare Easy Clean HX6521/01 – Best Sonicare Toothbrush for Plaque Removal
Philips is becoming a leader in dental hygiene and this is seen with their low cost, highly rated Philips HX6521/01 Toothbrush.
The HX6521/01 is a great electric powered toothbrush that cleans exceptionally well. This toothbrush helps reduce and to remove spots in your teeth for a brighter smile.
With patented sonic technology, the HX6521 is able to remove twice the plaque than that of a manual toothbrush. With a smart timer and interval timers, users are able to take full control over their dental cleaning habits.
The Philips Sonicare HX6521/01 utilizing patented Sonic technology, this rechargeable power toothbrush features a slim, easy-to-clean handle and a ProResults brush head with contoured bristles that gently remove plaque in hard-to-reach areas.
The Philips Sonicare HX6521/01 does all the task that’s right for you, all you have got to do is hold the handle and it will decide the amount of time you should brush each section for how long, and for.
Sonic technology provides an impressive 31,000 movements every minute.
These movements are precise and will push your saliva in between your teeth and gums to ensure that every nook and cranny is cleaned to perfection.
This means the back of your teeth and gums get a better overall cleaning and all possible plaque is removed. Even plaque found along the gum line is brushed away.
This leaves teeth and gums cleaner and reduces the chances of gum disease and cavities..
Dentists recommend two minutes to brush your teeth. This model includes a smart timer that will time your cleaning for precisely two minutes.
There is also a quadpacer which will time how long each quadrant of your mouth is cleaned. These intervals can be between 30 – 90 seconds.
All in all, you can taking care of your oral health is easy with the Philips Sonicare Philips Sonicare HX6521/01, it will ensure every user has perfect dental hygiene at all times.
- Easy-Start and Smartimer,
- Quadpacer Simplify Brushing
- Gently Cleans Teeth with Sonic Technology
- Two Weeks of Power on a Single Charge
- ProResults Brush Head Removes Plaque Along the Gum Line
- The lack of cleaning modes is a concern
5. Philips Sonicare HX6711/02 HealthyWhite Rechargeable Sonic Toothbrush – Best Electric Toothbrush For Whitening
If you want a good basic Sonicare, the Philips Sonicare HX6711/02 is the one to get.
it can lighten coffee, tea, and red wine stains, allowing the natural whiteness of your teeth to shine through.
The Philips Sonicare HX6711/02 HealthyWhite Power Toothbrush brings complex whitening technology.
Easy to use and comfortable to hold, this toothbrush reaches deep to the crevices between the teeth and softly cleans the teeth and gums, keeping the users healthy and disease free.
Using its swift brushing heads the teeth and gums effectively clean, contributing to gingiva development and the overall teeth.
It is specially designed to provide more intense whitening action.
The advanced technology cleans the teeth and gums efficiently, removing the stains who drink coffee, red wine, etc.
This toothbrush not only reduces the stains but over a period makes the stains two color lighter.
It has two mode settings:
- Clean mode provides the standard sonic cleaning.
- Clean and White mode provides two minutes of Clean mode and then an additional 30 seconds of White mode that focuses on your visible front teeth.
It built in two minute timer that helps you keep to the recommended brushing times.
The Quadpacer gives you notice every thirty seconds so that you can methodically brush each quadrant of your mouth thoroughly.
Overall, the Philips HX6711/02 functions as the best providing whole cleaning and whitening answers to the users.
I would highly recommend this to anyone who is considering purchasing a electric toothbrush.
- Lightweight handle
- Sensitive mode is nice after dental work
- It looks very compact and neat on the sink.
- Quad-pacing makes sure you evenly time where you brush your teeth.
- You can opt-out of the gradual increase in power which is nice
- Rechargable and battery lasts for weekend trips without carting the charger
- Cleans teeth really well–all sonicare models are amazing at cleaning your teeth, even between teeth
- you have to press the button 3 times to get to the healthywhite options every time you turn on the toothbrush.
6. Philips HX9332 DiamondClean – Best Affordable Electric Toothbrush
The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean HX9332 is one of the best Philip’s electric toothbrush on the market.
With an immense amount of power and a set of rich features, this is one of the top models in the industry. The aesthetically pleasing design is also quite modern and sleek.
Whether a person is traveling or wants to ensure that they have an afte -dentist level of hygiene, the DiamondClean HX9332 will be the optimal choice.
With whiter teeth in just one week and the ability to remove 100 percent more plaque, this is the ideal product that is packed with features.
Sonicare is known for quality and the included brush head is firm, yet gentle enough to clean teeth and remove stains. Replacement is also a breeze and takes only a few seconds.
Sonicare technology ensures that teeth are always clean and plaque-free. and is the reason that this toothbrush improves gum health so greatly.
The HX9332 rechargeable toothbrush offers Sonicare’s best plaque removal and whitening system, featuring patented Sonic technology and brush heads with diamond-shaped bristles that gently brush away plaque.
Five cleaning modes provide a custom cleaning experience, and the Smartimer and Quadpacer ensure you brush adequately and evenly.
- Clean – This is the generic cleaning mode that lasts 2 minutes and provides a thorough cleaning.
- White – The white mode is specifically designed to lift stains and produce a whiter smile.
- Polish – Have a big date? The polish mode allows users to whiten their teeth and polish it to a pleasant shine at the same time.
- Gum Care – Utilizing the Gum Care mode will produce better gum health and overall hygiene. These cycles last 3 minutes, but are worth the wait.
- Sensitive – When brushing produces pain or bleeding, sensitive mode will need to be used. This mode ensures a person has a gentle cleaning that is still thorough.
The power of over 31,000 strokes per minute results in massive stain removal and healthier gums within just 2 weeks.
Those with gingivitis will find this to be particularly helpful as it is a fast way to ensure that your gums are always in pristine health.
The complete package comes with a charging glass and a USB charging travel case. Up to 3 weeks or 42 brushes can be had with a single charging. This makes the DiamondClean ideal for those that are always on the go.
This brush is easy to use and is recommended for all ages. From the age of 4 up, a person will be able to ensure that their teeth are always clean.
The general clean mode is recommended and the bristles are gentle enough for young kids to use without feeling discomfort or pain.
Overall, It works great. For the dental conscious user, this is one of the top electric toothbrushes on the market.
It is ideal for every user and will ensure a person has a white smileand the utmost dental hygiene.
If you are tired of going through the manual process of cleaning your teeth this brush is for you. Squeaky clean!
- It is perfect for travel and looks great so worth the investment.
- The two-year limited warranty is reassuring should you encounter any problems.
- The charging glass and USB technologies are advantageous;
- The toothbrush is meticulously well styled, with a sleek all-white handle which has been ergonomically designed and maintains a nice grip to it.
- The biggest plus of it is the superior dental care that it promises.
- No vent holes in the travel case, made worse by its form-fitting plastic interior. So if you pack the brush head while damp–which often happens when traveling-
7. Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries Rechargeable Power Electric Toothbrush – Best Oral-B Electric Toothbrush
Oral-B is renowned for its quality and innovative oral hygiene products. The Oral-B 7000 is the best of Oral-B electric toothbrush.
High-end features and a sleek design join forces to bring you a superior cleaning for an unparalleled brushing experience. With white accents allows this lightweight device to be both aesthetically pleasing and powerful.
The power of the handle coupled with the professionally-inspired brush heads allow the brushes to oscillate rotate and pulsate to clean 2X better vs. a regular manual toothbrush.
With 3D cleaning, the Oral-B 7000 pulsates, oscillates and rotates so that it can hit every crevice found in your teeth.
Each toothbrush head surrounds each tooth for an amazing tooth-by-tooth clean. The 3D cleaning action that is produced with this toothbrush is unmatched. It comes with three heads so that a person can clean their teeth more precisely.
- Floss Action – Remove any food particles or plaque that is growing between your teeth. This product takes flossing to a new level.
- Polishing – The polishing head is great for enhancing the look of a person’s teeth and for whitening as well. While not ideal for plaque removal, this is a great brush head to use before a night out on the town.
- Soft – The soft head is your everyday brush that will be used to clean your teeth and remove plaque.
With a built-in pressure sensor, users will always maintain the appropriate amount of pressure needed for a great cleaning, without causing the brush’s bristles to wear down.
Clean the way you want with 6 distinct cleaning modes. Daily clean, sensitive, whitening, deep clean, massage and even tongue cleaner allow for the perfect cleaning solution. Six cleaning modes ensure a person can customize their brush’s cleaning methods to their own preference. These modes include:
- Daily Clean – This is the generic cleaning mode that users will want to use on a daily basis.
- Sensitive – If you feel pain when cleaning your teeth, the sensitive mode will be the optimal choice. This mode is gentile and still provides an adequate teeth cleaning.
- Whitening – Clear away stains to reveala whiter set of teeth. Within just a few short weeks, the user’s teeth will be several shades whiter.
- Deep Clean – Eradicate plaque and produce a whiter smile with the deep clean mode. More vigorous strokes will ensure a person’s mouth is completely free of plaque and germs.
- Massage – Gum pains and painful teeth can be massaged to ease pain and provide cleaning.
- Tongue Cleaner – Tongue cleaning will produce better breath and is often overlooked. With the tongue cleaner, users can remove bacteria on their tongue and destroy bad breath in the process.
A general rule of thumb is that it takes 2 full minutes of cleaning to remove all of the plaque in a person’s mouth.
Simply set your preferred mode and clean your teeth for 2 minutes, 3 times a day to have whiter teeth that are plaque-free.
A smart guide will ensure that you are cleaning your teeth adequately, it is a great option for those that are always told to brush more often by their dentists.
Overall, with the ability to change cleaning modes and time your brushing, the Oral-B 7000 is the ideal product.
- brushing timer, pressure sensor.
- It looks extremely stylish and feels super-solid.
- The brushing/cleaning action in Daily Clean mode feels very comfortable
- the most advanced Oral-B electric toothbrush, 6 Cleaning modes, 3 brush heads,
- In Professional mode the toothbrush beeps once after the first 30 seconds are up
- The handle lets the user set various cleaning modes, including tongue cleaning.
- This one is ultra-solid with easy-to-clean, actual compartments for two brush heads and the handle.
- The handle feels very solid and ergonomic, it is easy and almost a pleasure to hold.
- One of the more useful features:The timer’s smiley face will turn to a frown to warn when too much pressure is applied which can be harmful to teeth and gums.
- Quality is high and so is the price.
- Initial charging time was significantly longer than the listed 24 hours.
8. Philips Sonicare HX6731/02 Healthywhite Rechargeable Toothbrush – Best Budget Electric Toothbrush
- Cleaner, Whiter Teeth: The clean and white mode will remove 90 percent of the stains on a person’s teeth and make a person’s teeth 2 shades whiter in merely 2 weeks.
- Power: Through the Sonicare technology, the Healthywhite is able to produce 31,000 brush strokes per minute for better cleaning and more plaque removal.
- Cleaning Modes: Clean, Sensitive and Clean and White modes allow users to ensure they always have a white smile and healthy gums.
- Easy-start: Users will find comfort in the easy-start mode, which increases the brush’s power over the first 14 uses. This allows users to get used to the brush so that they never have sore gums.
It has incorporated the following cleaning modes to ensure that you can clean your teeth the way you like:
- Clean – This is your everyday cleaning mode that will destroy plaque and ensure that your teeth are dentist-clean approved.
- Clean and White – Why not add a little sparkle to your teeth with clean and white? This mode is focused on cleaning and removing stains at the same time. Alternating between this mode and the clean mode will ensure teeth are always stain-free.
- Sensitive – Users that want a more delicate approach to their cleaning will want to choose the sensitive mode. This mode will allow for a very gentile clean thanks to softer brushing measures.
With a myriad of modes to choose from, a user will be able to maintain the perfect smile that they have always wanted.
Coffee drinkers or those that enjoy soda will be able to blast away the stains on their teeth with the HX6731/02. It ensures that stains are not an issue by removing up to 90 percent of tooth discoloration. White teeth is no longer a mystery to anyone that owns the Philips Sonicare HX6731/02 Healthywhite.
9. Philips HX6972/30 Flexcare Plus – Best Inexpensive Electric Toothbrush
- Sonic Technology. This model uses sonic technology, vibrating up to 31,000 times every minute.
- Good Battery. The battery lasts up to 3 weeks, or 42 2-minute sessions. Battery won’t be a problem even if you’re a traveller.
- Remove more plaque. The Flexcare+ removes up to 83% of plaque from your teeth, cleaning your teeth deeply and effectively.
- 5 cleaning modes. This model comes with 5 powerful brushing modes, including Clean,Sensitive, Massage, Refresh and Gum Care. It’ll be up to you to decide which one is good for you, depending on your needs.
If you want to buy a cheap and easy to use electric toothbrush, or if you want to try what the difference is between an electric toothbrush and a manual toothbrush，the Flexcare Plus HX6972/30 is a good option.
The Professional 4000 unique proWhite brush head provides whitening and superior cleaning with 4 cleaning modes.
It does a great job of cleaning teeth, while being gentle on gums. it features four different brushing modes: Daily Clean, Deep Clean, Sensitive, and Whitening. Daily Clean and Deep Clean are designed for exceptional mouth cleaning.
The Precision 4000 has a deep clean mode that will ensure that 99.7 percent of all plaque found deep in your mouth has been eradicated.
This is done by the patented Oral-B technology that ensures that 50 percent more power is put into your teeth’s cleaning than other technologies.
This dentist recommended brand also features 40,000 pulsations so that plaque is easily remove at all times.
The brush also includes four modes to ensure your teeth are always cleaned:
- Daily Clean – Recommended to most users that have already ensured that they have proper dental habits and brush frequently.
- Deep Clean – Meant to reach deep inside of your mouth. This cleaning mode eradicates plaque with 99.7 percent success.
- Sensitive – If your gums bleed or they are sensitive, this is the mode to choose.
- Whitening – Specifically target teeth stains and brush them away with whitening mode.
The whitening and deep cleaning mode will ensure a user has a whiter, brighter smile in merely 3 weeks’ time.
FlossAction technology further increases a user’s smile as all of the plaque that gets caught between a person’s teeth will be removed to ensure a smile is as bright as possible.
The ProWhite Precision 4000 comes with a variety of extras. These extras include:
- Travel case – When on the road, simply place your toothbrush in the travel case and go.
- Head holder – A container that will hold all of the brush heads so that users can swap out their brush head whenever they please.
- Charging station – A small station that will allow the brush to be charged whenever a person wants.
It also has a timer to let you know how long you need to clean every portion of your mouth.
All in all, the Oral-B Professional Healthy Clean 4000 has all of the features needed to enjoy a healthy smile for years to come.
With the immense cleaning power provided and a plethora of cleaning modes, this is one of the best products on the market and is priced perfectly. I would recommend this toothbrush to anyone.
- Easy to use
- Excellent plaque removal
- It also comes with longer life battery for travel and for superior clean
- The various cleaning modes make the Oral b 400 certainly excellent to the 1000 model.
- Loud and Bulky
It features an electric toothbrush that looks basic enough. However, its charging base is connected to a sizable device that almost looks like a humidifier, insofar as it is topped off by a large container of water.
Then, attached to this machine, is a smaller handheld device that you use for sending streams of water between your teeth and along the gum line.
It also has a travel case, which is nice, because it means you can leave the larger components of this machine and simply travel with the electric brush.
The reason this toothbrush comes with such heavy artillery is because it’s not like the others on the market.
As we mentioned, the device that holds the water is meant to allow you to then stream it into your mouth in order to knock out plaque and other buildup in areas even an electric toothbrush would have a tough time reaching (you still need to floss though).
Plus, keep in mind that all these components all operate with just one outlet, which makes it very convenient.
You also have to be impressed by the fact that Waterpik—a well known brand in the industry—guarantees you’ll see healthier gums when using this product within your first two weeks. Healthy gums are essential to both a healthy smile and body.
In clinical tests, this model proved it might be the best electric toothbrush on the market by taking 70% better care of your gums than one of its leading competitors, the sonicare flex care.
Lastly, laboratory tests have shown this brush can eradicate 99% of plaque from any area in just three seconds.
There are a number of benefits to list when it comes to this device. First, it’s about as comprehensive as things get. Without including a bunch of features that don’t actually matter, Waterpik has created a device that literally has it all.
All the clinical tests help add legitimacy to its many features too. Every manufacturer claims they make the best electric toothbrush, but Waterpik actually backs it up.
Lastly, it might not seem like a big deal, but the travel case and the fact that you can just take the brush on the go is a very nice touch to not leave by the wayside.
The only real con for this model is how much it costs.
But for this price, it’s hard to think of another model that brings more to the table.
What To Look For – Notable Features
There are a number of different features available in an electric toothbrush and they will vary from model to model. Aside from the awesome power of the brush heads, here are some other features to consider:
- Built in Timer– Arguable the most important feature. This built in timer will stop the brush after two minutes to ensure you have brushed long enough. Some models have a “quad pacer” that will beep after 30 seconds so you know you can move on the next quarter or “quadrant” of your mouth.
- Disposable Brush Heads– Just like a manual brush, the bristles will eventually break down. Have no fear you can just put a new brush head on. Some models will accommodate various brush head sizes and bristle firmness.
- Rechargeable Battery– All of the models we review have rechargeable, built in batteries. However, there are some cheaper brushes on the market that use disposable batteries.
- Travel Case and Charger– Some model not only have a travel case but some models case has a built in charger
- UV sanitization– At least one Sonicare model has a base that you put the brush heads in at night that uses UV light to sanitize the brush heads. Pretty cool.
- Brushing Modes– Many of the top reviewed electric toothbrushes have various modes that you can choose to customize your brushing experience. From sensetive to deep clean and everuwhere in between, you can find the right mode for you.
Electric Toothbrush Buying Guide
The power of a smile is often underrated and overlooked. Sometimes a simple smile from a stranger changes your whole outlook for the day.
As we all know, smiling is incredibly contagious. How many times have you walked by a smiling stranger and you automatically smile back. Did you know that over 30% of us smile more than 20 times a day?
A smile also happens to be one of your best assets. And of course, your teeth are the most noticeable feature when you smile. Make sure your teeth are sparkling white by thorough brushing from an electric toothbrush. Electric toothbrushes have many benefits over a manual ordinary toothbrush.
Check out our buying guide below before reading our electric toothbrush reviews so you are informed on what to look for.
If you’ve been trying to find the best electric toothbrushes, then you’ve got a number of things that you want to consider.
Are you looking for a kids’ electric toothbrush? Or are you looking for one that is made for adults? How much are you willing to spend on it?
We’re going to take a look at how you can find the best electric tooth brush and what you can do to make sure that it serves you for the long term.
First, whatever you’re looking for an electric toothbrush for kids or adults, you probably want to get one that has heads that you can change out.
The heads, which is what holds the actual brush, is what needs to be replaced every 6 months or so. Instead of spending all of that money to just have to replace the toothbrush in 6 months, find a toothbrush that has a disposable head.
The heads end up being a lot cheaper, and since you can charge the battery or replace it easily, you can end up saving a lot of cash in the long run.
Second point, make sure that you have a discussion with your dentist about what they recommend in the realm of electric toothbrushes.
Since they clean your teeth better and they are known for their longevity, a lot of dentists will have one or two that they recommend to their clients.
Overall, switching to an electric toothbrush is a great idea, especially if you’ve never done it before.
It’s great for your oral hygiene, and it helps to get rid of the stuff in those pesky spots that are hard to reach otherwise.
Talk to your dental specialist before making any changes, but in general, you can find everything that you’ve been looking for by switching to an electric toothbrush.
For decades, dentists have been boasting a plethora of different cleaning methods that are ideal for a teeth healthy.
The Benefits of Electric Toothbrush
People who value their dental health will appreciate the varied advantages offered by an electric toothbrush.
Many dentists favor electric toothbrushes since they help individuals brush better.
While the dentists vibrate or whirl, plaque build up is removed by the bristles on a toothbrush that’s rechargeable more effectively than a manual toothbrush.
Some advanced brushes have featured motors that can rev over 40,000 times per minute and have necks that rock back and forth to get your mouth as clean as going to the dentist every time.
Relief is provided by an Electric toothbrush from many. It supplies relief to those and also disinfects the gums. They’ve come as a godsend to those suffering from tooth decay, plaque and bad breath.
With electronic brushes, there are a number of features to ensure that the user is able to clean their teeth and remove the most plaque possible in the process. Deep down the mouth rapidly goes and efficiently cleans the tooth germ free.
That who brush frequently using an Electric Toothbrush have encounter fresh breath and lesser tooth decay as compared to that manual toothbrush.
Besides that, in addition they supply relief from carpal tunnel syndrome, symptoms and other dental issues.
- Deeper Cleaning: Compared to manual brushing methods, electric ones remove more plaque and ensure that all of the teeth have been cleaned. This is done through the various oscillating settings that the brush can be put on.
- The Right Time: They have a built-in timer so that the user never cleans their teeth for too short or long of a time. With a timer, a person simply begins brushing and will be alerted when they are finished.
- Cleaning Modes: There are several modes of brushing that powered devices provide. With the ability to use a gentile mode for sensitive teeth, this will be a great choice for many.
- Bristle-change Reminders: Changing brushes when they have been worn down is of the utmost importance. Powered ones have reminders that will alert the user when they need to change their bristles. This allows a person to always have firm bristles and an adequate cleaning. In fact, the efficacy of a powered toothbrush depends on the condition of the brush head you’re using.
- Great for Older People: Those that are older or have less dexterity normally do not remove all of the necessary plaque when they clean their teeth. Studies have shown that using an electronic brush eliminates this problem and allows users to always maintain proper dental hygiene.
Prevent 3 Major Dental Issues With Electric Toothbrush
Maintaining a healthy smile does more than just keep your teeth sparkling white, it helps improve the health of your gums and the rest of your body as well.
Good oral health begins with a good brushing routine. An electric toothbrush can capable of performing over 20,000 strokes per minute, they offer a superior clean and eliminate more plaque than manual brushing alone.
- Yellow Teeth
Most people suffer from tooth discoloration at some point in their lives. Between diet and poor dental hygiene habits, yellowing of the teeth is inevitable. Fortunately, this is a preventable problem.
An electric brush can brighten and whiten your smile thanks to its deep cleaning action. These modern models can brush up to 40,000 strokes per minute to deliver a superior clean that eliminates more bacteria than manual brushing alone. These brushes buff away stains and leave your smile whiter than ever before.
Many powered toothbrushes have a built-in “whitening” setting to brighten your smile and prevent tooth discoloration in the future. Depending on the brush you choose, the whitening mode may just extend brushing by 30 seconds, or it may be a more aggressive cleaning mode to really brush away stains.
- Gum Recession
Gum recession can occur for a variety of reasons. In some cases, the problem is genetics. More often than not, aggressive brushing, improper dental hygiene and periodontal disease are what cause gums to recede. The good news is that you can help prevent this problem simply by brushing with a powered model.
A big part of the problem is that many people simply brush their teeth too hard and too aggressively. An electric brush can eliminate this problem. Most models come with pressure sensors that let you know when you’re brushing too hard. Not only that, but electric brushes really only need to rest on your teeth to brush properly. There’s no need to press the brush against your gums or your teeth.
Brushing with a powered toothbrush provides a much deeper clean than a manual brush, which helps prevent periodontal disease and improves your dental hygiene. By simply changing your old model, you wipe out most of the risk factors associated with gum recession.
- Gum Disease
Gum disease, or gingivitis, is caused by bacteria in your mouth. This bacteria hides inside the plaque that builds up on your teeth. Poor dental hygiene is the most common cause of gum disease. If left untreated, it can lead to tooth loss. Brushing and flossing well can help you prevent gum disease, but manual brushing may not cut it.
An electric brush is your biggest ally in the fight against gum disease. When compared to a manual brush, these models remove more plaque and leave teeth feeling cleaner. The pressure sensors included with most models also prevent you from irritating your gums when brushing. Many modern products come with a special gum care brushing mode that helps you preserve the health of both your teeth and your gums.
All in all, you can clearly understand how a simple switch from manual to electric can help prevent these three major dental issues, but it’s up to you to maintain a good oral hygiene routine. Brushing for two minutes at least twice per day will help keep plaque and bacteria at bay.
Each time you brush, you should also make it a habit to floss as well. The electric toothbrush will remove most of the plaque build-up on your teeth, but flossing will get rid of any remaining food particles hiding in between your teeth.
How to Choose an Right Electric Toothbrush?
So you have understood that getting an electric toothbrush is an essential piece of equipment to get you there and have made the decision to start living a wholesome lifestyle. Now the tough part starts, attempting to determine which electric toothbrush is the best for your requirements.
First of all, you have to decide whether you want to buy a Sonicare or an Oral-B. Both are great, but it’s up to you to decide.
They work in manners that are distinct, although both sorts of electric toothbrush are effective at removing stains and plaque .
A sonic toothbrush vibrates the brush head back and forth, while a part of the brush head rotates. Either sort is an augmentation over manual cleaning.
Replacement brush head choices. Much like a manual toothbrush, mean to replace the brush heads every three months or whenever the bristles appear worn.
Measure the label before requiring a recharge in the charging station for how long it may function. Less expensive versions work on AA batteries that must be replaced.
Kid-friendly alternatives. Help your kids have healthy teeth and gums through the use of an electric toothbrush merely for them. Kid-friendly brushes feature age-suitable brush heads (in contour as well as size), electricity modes for mouth sizes and various ages, anti-roll kinds to make
putting toothpaste on ergonomic, and less difficult and keeping. Some electric toothbrushes contain joy music on a two-minute timer to help them get the right variety of brushing each time.
Colour and design dilemmas. Pick an electric toothbrush that you find alluring since it will probably sit all on your own toilet counter. Or if you don’t desire to look at it find an easy-to-access storage place. Contemplate buying one handles on just one charging station to save space, if several people within your house want electric toothbrushes.
Additional electric toothbrush features. To make sure you get your dentist recommended two-minute brushing time, many electric toothbrushes credit timers. More sophisticated versions offer electricity modes that are distinct for whitening deep cleaning, and sensitive teeth. Other options include noise and battery gauge light -reducing characteristics.
How To Properly Use Electric Toothbrush
Once you have bought one of the best electric toothbrushes, you also need to know how to properly brush your teeth. Brushing your teeth will often be a drag, but it’s among the most essential parts.
Most dentists recommend which you brush three times daily. This can be not easy for those people who are from your house throughout the day and do not have enough time but comprising combing into your program is built-in to having a healthy set of teeth.
To begin with, you are going to have bad breath. Perhaps you have noticed how your mouth tastes when you awaken first part of the morning? It is because bacteria grow in the mouth area while you sleep.
It is possible to mitigate the number of bacteria that grows in the mouth area simply by brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash before you sleep.
How Does an Electric Toothbrush Work?
Just about everyone these days uses electric toothbrushes. If you may be interested in finding out how they work, this is the place.
While many models will differ some, for the most part, an electronic toothbrush is made up of:
The Outer Case: Simply the plastic or other material that protects the inner workings.
The Circuit: The apparatus inside the machine that helps channel and use electricity.
Rechargeable Battery: The unit that supplies the electricity.The Cam and Gear: What moves the brush head.
Motor: What works the gear.
Removable Brush: The utensil used for cleaning your teeth.
Again, every brush will be a bit different. Nowadays, many come with an assortment of bells and whistles like timers and other accessories dedicated to helping you get a better overall clean.
How to Best Use an Electric Toothbrush?
Are you interested in getting a better clean for your mouth? Most of us are.
Not only does a better clean correlate with a better smile—something that never goes out of style—but the health benefits of a cleaner mouth are very real too.
Those who don’t see to their own oral hygiene often end up with problems that can reach throughout the body and even become fatal.
So if you want a cleaner mouth, you’ve probably considered using an electric toothbrush to get it. That being said, if you don’t know how to use one, it won’t be much use and could actually be counterproductive.
First of all, even the best electric toothbrush can work against you if you don’t respect the kind of power you have in your hands. Electric toothbrushes have motors that can push their heads into tens of thousands of pulsations a minute. This is a lot of power, which could easily become bad for your teeth if mishandled. Your teeth go through enough, so don’t make matters worse by stripping its enamel with an electric toothbrush.
Instead, you should be using your electronic toothbrush gently. Apply it to the outside of each tooth and then over the top of it, but use only gentle pressure. This means holding the head to your tooth and nothing more.
After all, your toothbrush has been designed with precision to handle all the heavy lifting. So why would you apply more? It often helps to have a gentle grip as well. Holding too forcefully is bound to make you apply the brush to your teeth too forcefully. So relax!
Two Minute Routine
Another mistake many people make is not using their toothbrush enough. They spend all this money on a high quality electronic toothbrush and then get upset when it doesn’t leave them plaque free.
If this sounds like you, chances are you’re not completing a two minute drill every time you brush. To do this, spend two minutes with your toothbrush making contact with your teeth. This means 30 seconds on each quarter of your mouth: the two halves on the top and bottom of your mouth.
To help with this issue, many electronic toothbrushes these days actually come with timers that will count down to two minutes, so you’ll know when the job is done.
Don’t Forget to Floss
Lastly, don’t forget to brush your teeth too. Even the best electric toothbrush reviews will point out that their brushes are not a replacement for flossing. If you make the mistake of thinking it is, you’ll be bound to get lackluster results.
And that’s all there is to it. Get a quality electronic toothbrush you trust and make sure you use it at least twice a day. Then just apply the above advice and you’ll get a better, healthier smile in no time.
How to Clean an Electric Toothbrush?
Today, let’s look at one important way to keeping your electric toothbrush nice and clean.
The Importance of a Clean Brush
Electric toothbrushes that aren’t kept clean will work less effectively and only end up spreading disease. Plus, it could be the reason your brush stops working altogether.
Cleaning the Brush Head
So let’s begin at the top. As you can imagine, your toothbrush’s head, the part that makes contact with your teeth—often needs to be cleaned the most. That’s because it does all the heavy lifting.
Start by turning the toothbrush off while the head is still in your mouth. Otherwise, you stand to make a bigger mess in your bathroom.
Then, run some water and place the head under it to get the majority of the debris out. When that’s happened, turn the brush back on. This way the water gets to hit every angle of the brushes.
That’s good enough for a daily regimen. However, once a month, make a solution of 1 part bleach and 10 parts water. Then soak the head of your brush in this solution for about an hour or so. When the time is up, rinse it thoroughly. Wipe down the base of the toothbrush head in the solution as well with a clean white cloth.
Also, about once a week, place the head of the toothbrush in the microwave for about 30 seconds. This will also help to kill off bacteria. When you notice the bristles beginning to splay, it’s time to replace the head altogether.
Cleaning the Handle
You also want to clean the handle of your brush too. This way, it will always look like the best electric toothbrush you paid good money for. However, a clean handle will also keep bacteria from spreading.
As it’s an electric appliance, never dip the handle in water. Instead, use that bleach solution, a nice white cloth and get to spreading it over the handle. Use a cotton swab or cue tip to get the solution into the smaller parts, like where the head and base connect.
Remember these simple tips and your toothbrush will always function like the day you bought it and continue to keep your mouth clean.
Electric Toothbrush F.A.Q.
Q: Why should I use an electric toothbrush?
A: An electric toothbrush is generally more effective than a manual toothbrush in removing dental plaque (particularly in those hard to reach areas), reducing gum disease and removing stains. It also requires less manual dexterity to use it properly. You usually see a very visible improvement in your teeth and gum health within a short time.
Q: What is a rotary electric toothbrush?
Ans: A rotary electric toothbrush has a rounded brush head that rotates or oscillates continuously, many times during a second. It is the high speed scrubbing motion of the brush’s bristles that causes the removal of plaque from the teeth. The higher end rotary toothbrushes usually have a pulsating motion as well, which increases the effectiveness of the brush. In general the higher the rate of oscillation and pulsation, the more effective the brush is at dislodging debris and plaque from the teeth.
Q: What is a sonic electric toothbrush?
A: A sonic electric toothbrush has a brush head (similar in appearance to a manual brush head) which vibrates at a very high frequency. The brush cleans via two mechanisms: the main back-and-forth scrubbing motion and the secondary sonic action. The secondary sonic action causes fluids to swirl around your mouth, creating a bigger cleansing effect, possibly even dislodging plaque from areas not in direct contact with the bristles.
Q: Which one is better, rotary or sonic?
A: The answer depends on who you ask. There are advocates on both sides who claim that one is better than the other. There have been studies being conducted, again being divided in their conclusions. The likely truth is that both types (especially the higher end ones) are good at doing their job, for most people. So it probably is just a matter of personal preference.
Q: What are the major brands of electric toothbrushes?
A: The two major brands are Braun Oral B and Philips Sonicare. They dominate the market in all categories. Oral B specializes in making rotary toothbrushes (except the Sonic S-320, S-200 and the Vitality Sonic which are sonic brushes). Philips specializes in sonic toothbrushes (hence Sonicare).
Q: What should I know about brush heads?
A: A brush head typically needs to be replaced every 3 to 6 months, depending on how quickly the bristles wear down. Note that not all brush heads fit all toothbrushes and so care must be taken when buying replacements.
Oral B has a wide range of brush heads. Philips Sonicare typically have two sizes for each toothbrush: standard and compact.
Q: What can I expect of an electric toothbrush?
A: Depending on the specific model, an electric toothbrush will rotate/oscillate/pulsate/vibrate for its basic cleaning action. It usually runs on a rechargeable battery and comes with a battery charger.
It may also have some of the following features: 2 minute timer, pressure sensor, speed control, brush head replacement indication, battery charge level indicator, cleaning/brushing modes, visual display and sanitizer.
The higher end models also move (i.e. oscillate/pulsate/vibrate etc) at higher speeds, resulting in much better cleaning effects. These features are not just some “nice-to-haves”: they actually do make a real difference to your overall tooth brushing experience.
Q: I know that electric toothbrushes are very good at removing dental plaque but why is the removal of plaque so important?
A: Because the accumulation of plaque in the teeth is the root cause of many problems. It can lead to tooth decay and cause various gum diseases (gingivitis/periodontitis). The advanced stage of the gum disease (periodontitis) can lead to tooth loss. To help avoid these problems, brush your teeth properly using a good electric toothbrush. Don’t let plaque accumulate.
Q: How long and often should I brush my teeth with an electric toothbrush?
A: Twice a day for 2 minutes each. It is important to spend the full 2 minutes brushing your teeth. The brushing duration matters a great deal in overall cleaning effectiveness. So choose an electric toothbrush with a 2 minute timer if you want to make sure.
If they say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, then we say using an electric toothbrush a day sure does decrease your chances of needing serious dental work.
While we have provided all of the best options on the market , it is now your time to find the best electronic toothbrush for your own needs.
We hope you leave our site smiling, knowing which electric toothbrush will suit all of your needs.