Can Dogs Use Human Toothpaste?
It is necessary to use toothpaste when brushing the dog, but it is not recommended to use human toothpaste for the dog, so the damage to the dog’s teeth and gums is relatively significant.
Top 5 Dog Toothpaste
- SOOTHING AND EFFECTIVE - Vet’s Best Enzymatic Dental Gel Toothpaste is a veterinarian formulated soothing and effective mix of aloe, neem oil, grapefruit seed extract, baking soda, and enzymes
- DOG TOOTHPASTE: Petrodex Advanced Dental Care Enzymatic Dog Toothpaste helps reduce plaque and tartar formation.
- FOR DOGS AND CATS: Enzymatic toothpaste specifically formulated using an enzyme system for dogs and cats to reduce plaque, freshen breath, and ensure a clean mouth with Poultry flavor pets love
- ARM & HAMMER DOG TOOTHPASTE –Take your dog's dental care to the next level with Arm & Hammer Complete Care Enzymatic Toothpaste for Puppies and Dogs to eliminate bad breath and fight tartar
- PROMOTES HEALTHY GUMS — Dog dental kit is gentle yet effective in reducing tartar buildup, eliminating dog's bad breath, and whitening and brightening your dog's teeth
Last update on 2021-04-18 at 16:25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Petrodex Advanced Dental Care helps to reduce plaque and improve bad dog breath.
Because it uses proprietary enzymes and non-foamed formulations, there is no need to rinse.
You don’t have to worry about your dog rejecting this toothpaste because its taste is the delicious poultry flavor that dogs like!
At the same time, you should also use a special pet toothbrush for your dog and brush your teeth with enzymatic toothpaste at least 2-3 times a week.
Soothing and effective veterinary optimal enzymatic toothpaste is a veterinary recommended pet toothpaste that effectively improves your dog’s bad breath.
Your dog will like the taste of this pet toothpaste. It blends aloe vera, neem oil, grapefruit seed extract, baking soda, and enzymes, and tastes natural and fresh.
After a few short uses, you will see your dog’s teeth appear white.
3.Ark Naturals Brushless Toothpaste, Vet Recommended Natural Dental Chews for Dogs, Plaque, Tartar and Bacteria Control
Ark Naturals Brushless Toothpaste is an award-winning chewable pet toothpaste recommended by veterinarians.
It uses natural fresh scallions, cinnamon, vanilla, and clove flavors to help refresh your breath.
It contains clinically proven natural herbal ingredients and is an easy-to-digest gluten-free dental chew that is safe, effective, and safe to use.
Usually, it is suitable for medium-sized dogs weighing between 20 and 40 pounds.
Things Must Know When Brushing A Dog’s Teeth
You should also pay attention when brushing your dog. Here’s what you need to pay attention to when cleaning your dog.
1. First, clean the teeth after adjusting to the dog
If the dog is brushing his teeth for the first time, it is more difficult to brush his teeth, because the dog has not adapted to brushing his teeth, so the dog will refuse when brushing his teeth.
Therefore, when the dog owner brushes the dog, he can first adapt the dog to the feeling of being cleaned, which is convenient when brushing the teeth.
The dog owner can put the snack on the hand, then put the side into the dog’s mouth to feed, you can try to touch the dog’s teeth,。
Let the dog know that there is no harm; wait for the dog to adapt to this feeding method. The dog owner can brush his teeth.
2. Select dog toothpaste and toothbrush
The dog owner who raised the dog for the first time did not pay attention when cleaning the dog. Using toothpaste for the person to clean the dog, not suitable for the dog, and the dog does not spit when brushing the teeth, so maybe the dog will eat the toothpaste into the stomach, which is not suitable for the body.
When brushing your teeth, the dog owner should pay attention to the dog’s choice of dog-specific toothpaste, so there is no problem when the dog eats the stomach when brushing the teeth, and the dog toothpaste will also make the dog’s favorite taste, so Don’t worry if the dog will refuse when brushing your teeth.
When choosing a toothbrush, pay attention to choosing a toothbrush with moderate hardness, so as not to hurt the dog’s gums.
3. Use mouthwash for dogs
Some dogs are more refusal when brushing their teeth. The dog owner can use the dog mouthwash to gargle. When using it, pour a bottle of mouthwash in 500ML of water, mix it evenly, and drink water for the dog. Yes, it is more convenient, and the dog’s acceptance is higher.
Mouthwash can be used once a week or twice a week, and dog owners can use it according to the specific situation.